Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Blog

There were many things that I learned from this class and that I enjoyed. One of the first things is that I enjoyed reading about the overlooked happenings of their slave trade. I always knew the basic information surrounding the concept but I learned more about how the culture changed once slaves came to America and how they still tied together influences from Africa in their daily lives. Similar to that, I also like learning about the deeper knowledge of lynching and what events spurred the Great Migration/the Harlem Renaissance. My favorite thing that I learned this semester though was all about African American music throughout the ages. I loved learning about the aesthetics of hip hop and the meanings behind blues and jazz music. It really made me appreciate those kinds of music a lot more. I can't really say that I wished that I learned more because I believed that I learned of most that I wanted to. I just hope that after this class that I can keep all of the knowledge I learned and maybe pass it on to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment