Thursday, May 7, 2009

I think that the most important thing I'll take from this semester was the section we did on lynching. I've learned about lynching in my history classes and seen the pictures, however this time it was different. I had a moment when I was writing my midterm paper when I was researching lynching happening in Iowa--I found one that happened right in my hometown and it made the issue of lynching even more real for me. The movie clip we also saw "Without Sanction" really moved me as well, wondering how in the world people could find themselves doing this to another human being. I'm glad we learned about the evils of lynching, and I hope that one day everyone can understand how awful the act, even the symbol, of lynching can be, and that there will eventually be peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment