Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Last Blog

Looking back on this semester i would have to say the most important thing i take from this class is the history. I knew a lot of stuff before this class and i can say that the history has helped me be able to put it all into perspective. I feel i have a better understanding as to why African Americans do the things they do. The history behind the slave trade helped me better understand music, the history behind lynching enabled me to better understand the anti-lynching crusade led by Ida B. Wells, The depression and the Great Migration helped me better understand the blues and the history behind hip-hop enabled me to better understand the roots and intended message. All in all the history has allowed me to put things into perspective and better understand why things are the way they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment