Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weekly Blog Question

Overall I think this class was great and very beneficial to my understanding and obtaining knowledge on the subject. The class has taught me some very valuable concepts that I hope to use in everyday life. I learned that you have to keep an open mind to different cultures in order to understand them. I've also learned a lot about African American Culture that I had never learned before in high school. This was very beneficial to me because now I have a some knowledge for the future if I continue to take African American Studies classes. Another thing I learned from this class was to not be afraid to speak up because you can really get a discussion going if you just voice your opinion once in a while.

One thing I wish I had learned more about is the history of African Americans but there is another class for that. There is so many things that I have yet to learn about the studies and hopefully in the future I will gain more knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment