Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final Blog

I can honestly say that as the semester when on I found myself enjoying this class more and more. I can't say that one thing was more important than the other because I feel that it all makes African American Culture what it is today but what I found the most interesting was the music portion because I now know the aesthetics behind the music whether it be gospel, blues, jazz, or hip hop and r&b. I learned more about hip hop in this class than I ever knew before and when I hear the different beats, rhythm changes, flow and rupture I can now recognize it and know where it all comes from and why. I also found black athletes used as a commodity very interesting and I think it opened my eyes. Now anytime I see a commercial I can do my own analyzation of it. I would have liked to spent more time on the Harlem Renaissance because to me, that's when a lot of the greatest works were published but other than that I think we got a nice share of everything that makes African American Culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment