Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Blog

I think that the most important concept that I've learned from this class is the African American Culture all together. From learning about the dance from the in class video clips about Greek stepping and the Alvin Ale Dance troop, the music relating to the Harlem Renaissance, and the art from Kara Walker and just how African Americans expressed themselves through these things. And just how their sticking with their culture brought us to where we are today. It showed me why they did what they did.

I wish I still knew more about the violence back then. We did go in depth about lynching, about the Ida B. Wells and the anti-lynching crusade but there is a lot more about this subject and I would love to learn more. I know that it is a hard topic to talk about but I feel that it is something that needs to be talked about more to open the eyes to people that don't really know about it. I also wish that we talk more about the many movements in the past that have brought us to where we are now.

No comments:

Post a Comment