Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Blog

Looking back on this last semester I would have to say that the most important concept that I learned was how big of an impact stereotypes can have and how much they do actually factor in to everyday life. Stereotypes were in existence from the time of the slave trade until present day. They happen when people make assumptions about others based on past experiences. They were in the movie "O," our readings, and class lectures.
I would have to say the most interesting part of the class for me was the first half, the history section. I like to learn about history and factual information rather than people's opinions on issues and other non-factual stuff. Overall I thought the course was interesting, some information was new to me and others were not.

No comments:

Post a Comment