Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final Blog

When looking at the things that I learned about over this past semester in class, it's tough to pick out one thing that I really enjoyed learning about the most because I liked learning about everything I didn't already know. By this I mean that I liked delving deeper into African American History and culture beyond the usual discussions on Slavery and the Civil Rights movement. The one thing I would have to say I enjoyed most if I had to pick it would be the Harlem Renaissance. This is such an influential part of not only African American History, but American History in general, and this is something that is often times skipped acknowledged but not studied in detail during other history classes. It's fun to look at pieces of this influential time period and break it down to see what effects they had on our country as a whole.

With that being said, I would really have liked to study this time period more. One could do an entire class on Reconstruction and the Harlem Renaissance so I'm not disappointed in not learning more because it'd be hard to do it justice; however, I would like to know a bit more on the subject. This would be one thing I could "change" if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment