Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Final Blog

This is not the first African American History class that I have taken, so I had previously learned most of the basic things but I learned about a lot more things in depth throughout this semester. Some new things i learned were many of the things that happened within the slave trade, and about the ties between slave owners and their slaves. I believe that is because it was a high school african american history class and in college a lot more can be said and is revealed such as harsh truths. Things about the Harlem Renaissance are the most important and enjoyable facts I learned about. I had taken this class as a Gen Ed because my major is art and didn't expect it to really relate or for me to get anything out of it but I like how it tied in. It was interesting to see how big of a part Art played during those times. And how much of an impact art had such as the Kara Walker pieces. I'm not really sure what else I would like to learn, I have learned so much I don't know what else there is to learn but I will take what i have learned and try to bulid upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment