Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Last Blog

What is the most important concept you have learned in this class? What do you still wish you knew more about?

In this class, I have learned many new concepts and ideas about African American culture. The most important concept I have learned is the harsh process that African Americans went through in the early times. I did not know about the Atlantic Slave Trade before this class and I have learned a lot about it now. I learned how they were all piled onto ships and carried over for months on a ship to the Americas to be worked hard as slaves. They were treated horribly on the ships and many did not even survive. I learned that these African Americans formed bonds on these ships as well and that is how they formed their really big families because they were all so close to each other. I found all of the information in this class very interesting and beneficial and I got a lot out of it. Thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment