Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final Post

The most important concept I have learned over the course of this semester is how stereotypes easily shape our views on the world. I was unaware of the impact of stereotypes on my own views until I took this course. I think this course has truly taught me to examine cultural aspects in a new light and will force me to be more aware of the stereotypes that can easily be applied before getting to know someone.

Although I certainly feel the history portion of the course is necessary, I wish we could have spent more time focusing on modern issues that directly affect us every day. Also, I would have liked to discuss the problems future generations of African Americans and how they will most likely react to them given their reactions in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment